High School Memories Meme
1. Who was your best friend?
Jamey...he turned out queer too...no big surprise...we actually grew up together for all practical purposes, lost touch a few years after graduation...he sort of turned into a pissy queen...oh well
2. What sports did you play?
3. What kind of car did you drive?
this hurts...74 Honda Civic - turquoise blue, shaped like a roller skate...63 Corvair Convertible, Candy-Apple Red...67 Convertible Corvair, stick, Cream exterior and exterior...76 Volvo Wagon - most reliable and kept me out of lots of trouble....may have been one or two others...those are the high-lites...all came to unfortunate fates at my hands
4. It's Friday night, where were you?
football game, party at someone's house whose parents were out of town, once I turned 18 at the gay bars after hours...I stayed busy
5. Were you a party animal?
6. Were you considered a flirt?
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
8. Were you a nerd?
I don't think so...more freakish and/or weird
9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
god no...Santini would have KILLED me
10. Can you sing the fight song?
after enough beer
11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Capt. Sineath...geometry and math...retired Navy, great approach to teaching his classes how to learn as opposed to specific things...really eccentric, interesting old guy too
12. What was your school's full name?
13. School mascot?
Bearcats...I actually designed our Senior t-shirt...it was our mascot, the bearcat, choking our arch rival h.s.'s mascot, the eagle...essentially it was a maroon tiger-ish looking thing choking a blue chicken...looking back - I'm so proud..wish I had a t-shirt or the original sketch now
14. Did you go to Prom?
yes...my senior and someone else's junior...there's a picture of me at my senior prom somewhere in the archives...I'm not gonna link it
15. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
noooo, don't think so
16. What do you remember most about graduation?
surprising everyone by pulling out an honor degree at the last minute...
17. Where were you on senior skip day?
18. Did you have a job your senior year?
oh yeah, ever since I was 15...at that point I was getting into the used book business though...stayed there for another 7 years officially and have never quite gotten out of it since
19. Where did you go most often for lunch?
hmmmm...canteen? smoking area? to sit in other's people's car and goof off? not the cafeteria
20. Have you gained weight since then?
21. What did you do after graduation?
dinner with the family at some japanese steak house and then to a party some friend's parents were throwing for the gang...aka drinking...loaded up with Jamey for a few days at the beach with my fellow graduates the next day
22. When did you graduate?
23. Who was your Senior prom date?
cute little Henry Watson...he looked sort of like Weird Al Yankovich without glasses...I named a dog we had for 15 years after him, J says she didn't realize it until he was 10 or so...LOL, he made great strawberry daquiris - my prom datem not the dog
24. Are you going to your 10 year reunion?
definitely didn't and missed the 15 and 20 too...plan to keep that tradition going as the years go by
25. Who was your home room teacher?
it changed every year...I don't remember, but I sat next to the same classmates for YEARS in homeroom...we were on the alphabetical system
this was funny to do...an interesting tidbit, in an odd way, I currently live a block or so from my high school, we can hear the band practicing and football games from our back yard....sometimes I can steal a wireless connection from there...