Saturday, May 26, 2007

A Sports Post....from ME!


this time of year is all about Women's College Softball for me...the World Series starts next week and Super Regionals are this weekend...

for the first time - there are more SEC teams in the Supers than Pac10 teams....

roughly translated that means....Redneck Girls Rock, hell yeah

however, my SEC girls did not fare as well as I'd hoped on the first day of a best of 3 series that began yesterday....and all but TN will have to win today or face elimination

starting at home....

Northwestern beat the Lady Gamecocks 6-1.....not a surprise, but disappointing since USC is probably the biggest underdog out there right now....I'm looking for the cute Drohan sisters to finish us off today, even though crafty Coach Compton may out dyke them yet

Washington beat Alabama 4-3....maybe the toughest series of the weekend, Alabama should pull this out by forcing a game 3...I'll be crushed if they don't...these girls are fun to watch and play serious ball...Roll Tide, I want to see y'all playing next weekend!!!!

Texas A&M beat UF 2-0...watched most of this one last nite...good game, excellent pitching on both sides....don't have a fave here, they're both great teams and play a lot alike...I guess I should pull for UF, but Gator hate goes deep here....also foresee a game 3 with this one and will go with the Aggies for the ultimate win

Arizona State beat LSU 1-0...another toughie to call and top-notch series to watch....LSU plays smart and AZ State has a softball legacy that goes back to the 60's...more serious pitching with Burkhardt and Turner....should go 3 games, I stick my neck out and say LSU goes to OK next weekend

best for last.....

Tennessee spanked Hawaii in 4 1/2 innings 9-0.....Monica Abbot, pitcher for TN, is un-freaking-believable....like Cat Osterman, Jenny Finch good....I would not want to be standing anywhere near home when one of her 70+ mph fastballs comes across the plate...no disrespect to the HI team, but hope y'all got plans to take in some sightseeing on Sunday....may I recommend Rock City and Ruby Falls in beautiful Chattanooga?...If TN doesn't win the Championship this year I'll be shocked. Go Vols!


and just because I think this is funny....Terri Clark will be playing at an event prior as part of pre-WCWS festivities next week....appropriate in so many ways....
|