Sunday, August 06, 2006

general death observations

if you don't like funerals or hearing about death - then don't read this...

my youngest SIL's father passed away unexpectedly and suddenly on Wednesday morning...the visitation was Friday nite, the funeral and graveside were yesterday...I went to the visitation and like all of those types of events - it was weird....and as usual it leaves me with a bunch of related thoughts about the rituals surrounding death...

we stood in line for an hour to actually see the family...

I know how exhausted they were when it was all over...

I'm not quite sure I get or will ever get open caskets...

Wills should be left in visible prominent places...

Santini (my dad) announced in the funeral home that he wants his favorite bbq buffet to cater his death....

Santini evidently made arrangements with the preacher who performed the service to conduct his at the appropriate time...

visitations are huge social events in the South....everyone knew everybody seemingly...except me thank goodness...

cremation really creeps some people out...

burial really creeps some people out....

talking about death and funeral arrangements really creeps some people out...

I am more like my father than he or I will ever admit, LOL
|