Wednesday, July 26, 2006

while I'm on the subject of Freaks


our monthly family birthday get together is this weekend...I'm not actually sure when b/c I didn't call my dad back until yesterday and he initially called 2 weeks ago and now he's not calling me back..LOL...we're so loving

anyway...my family is big....my blended stepfamily is even bigger...this month the only birthday is my stepmothers and evidently a buffet restaurant has been chosen for the celebration location in order to save her from cooking for the masses....the exciting part (for them) is that it's a new buffet....my people LOVE buffets...they are all indiscrimate eaters to say the very least....it's all about quantity

I think one of the goals of my dad and stepmother is to hit every BBQ buffet on the east coast before they die...they're pretty close (to the buffet thing not death....even though I'm pretty sure one may affect the other)....

personally, I HATE buffets...I especially HATE BBQ buffets because I don't eat meat...and not only do they usually have a multitude of meat cooked in various ways...most of the vegetables are cooked in meat juice or with bits of meat and I won't eat those either....

and truthfully, just seeing all that food with strangers breathing on it and touching it....grosses me the hell out...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this gathering is scheduled for Saturday since I have an auction and will be unable to attend due to work...
|