Monday, July 17, 2006

more late night Q&A

tagged by drumsnwhistles as part of the BlogHer - BlogMe Baby mixer......it starts in 10 days you know?

1. When did you start blogging and why?

it must be about a year ago...and frankly I don't know why...denise was talking about it and it must have been around the time of last year's BlogHer, I want to say I started clicking on links and just got interested...however...I was clueless...my initial blog was on bloglines and started as a ridiculous daily tracking of Steve Spurrier articles...stupid, stupid, stupid...thankfully I was pointed in the direction of blogger and lost my fascination with my state's fascination with Spurrier and here I am now....I like to pretend the whole Spurrier thing never happened....

at some point early on though, I discovered art bloggers and just fell in love.....

2. What don’t you write about? Anything considered a no-no in your book?

there are lots of no-no's for me...if it's not here it's most likely a no-no...read: most family stuff and all work stuff...it's too small a world and there are lots of stories that aren't mine to tell....I'm not crazy talking about religion or politics either because they both just suck IMO

3. Are you and your blogging persona the same person?

LOL, pretty damn close I think...much closer than the way I came across on boards all those years...blogging also helped drag a part of me out that wasn't a big enough part for too long....sort of a social integration tool for real life in my case

4. How do you use blogging to build friendships?

this has been the really amazing thing...I've met tons of cool people, doing cool things, and thinking cool stuff in the last year....people that I clicked with immediately in a couple of situations and friendships have just grown...similiar interests and outlooks or a genuine respect for them personally...I really appreciate the people I've gotten to know...

it's also given me a chance to know some folks better and I can't believe it took so long...

5. How would you describe your writing style?

mostly goofy? background chatter? full of misplaced commas and apostrophes?...giving it a label makes it sound like I might actually have one....

and as a bonus (well not exactly if you read this)...a picture I really like of me...and Scout...sorry, if you've seen it, but I think it's a good capture...just cruising along, trying to enjoy the scenery

me and scout

There are lots of people I'd like to see do this.....patti, em, vanda, honeysuckle, kristine, RSG, haginajag, suzanne, cameradawktor...but jump in regardless, listening is fun
|