Sunday, June 25, 2006

Auction observation

auction mosaic



I worked an estate auction yesterday....the first in a while... it was the contents of a woman's home whose family the city I live in was named after...(got that?)

she died a while back, I think the house had been unoccupied for at least six years....family issues over the estate or something....

it always makes me wonder - especially after seeing that the US is months away from the 300 million population mark - how much stuff is really out there....

I've been around businesses that sell stuff on the secondary market in one way or another for over 20 years...and it really is just amazing what people hang on to and why...what's more interesting and often a little sad - is how little value things have to people other than the person that has kept them...
|