Thursday, March 16, 2006

Pat Benatar and a misspent youth


we happened to catch Martina McBride and Pat Benatar's show on some cable channel last nite and I have to just say....Pat Benatar is still one of the top 3 coolest women rockers EVER!...she also has the honor of being the reason I got in about the most trouble ever as a teenager oh so many years ago...

when I was in high school (sophomore I think) she came to Columbia and me and about 10 or so other friends got tickets...somehow I convinced my parents to let us use our family van so we could all ride together...unfortunately, we started drinking Bacardi 151 and coke as soon as the doors closed (I wasn't driving and the dude who was, actually waited until we got to the parking lot of the Coliseum where she was performing before he started)....needless to say most of us were completely trashed by the time the show started....I, on the other hand, wound up way past completely trashed and ended up passed out in the bathroom (apparently unknown to my friends) for the entire show....when I woke up several hours later, the place was dark and empty....I managed to get out of the building without setting off any alarms and across the street to the van with still no sign of my gang....long story short, my friends called my parents since they couldn't find me, dad flipped out and had already been to the parking lot and removed the distributor cap in case I showed up, he and my mom pulled up just as my friends did and a big ole screaming match proceeded to take place....I didn't see daylight for a while....it is truly a wonder I didn't get thrown into military school after that little adventure...

but most importantly....Pat Benatar is still hot!
|