Sunday, January 22, 2006

rainy days and Pat Conroy

just don't mix....someone gave me a copy of Pat Conroy's Cookbook for my birthday...nice thought because this person and I had just had a long conversation about him and southern lit in general - I had a serious Conroy phase many many years ago but have not read him for a long time and frankly that's best, I think he's just too much for me to enjoy because his work all seems so plausible that I have a hard time keeping the line clear between fiction and reality...of course she had no way of knowing my issues with him and it's not something that I even think about until he comes up (except for the whole Santini thing, LOL)...and actually there a number of Great Southern Writers that I just won't read anymore because of the same reasons...

anyway...

I started flipping through the cookbook this afternoon and I'll be damned if it isn't as bad (in a good way - I suppose) as his books...however, this being January still, I don't think I need to look at it again for a little while yet....if I go for the Leonard Cohen cds, I'm really gonna be in trouble
|