Thursday, September 28, 2006

Jesus Camp

jesuscamp

I've been seeing stuff about this documentary for a couple of weeks...this week in particular seems to have drawn a lot of attention...

It interests me for a couple of reasons...I grew up in a conservative evangelical family...Southern Baptist until I was 13 or 14...Assemblies of God until I was 18...(cause everybody knows the remedy to, "as long as you live in this house", right?)

It also interests me because this footage isn't new like the hype makes it seem, the technology is different, the times are definately different, but the things they're saying and the ways the kids are indoctrinated isn't all that different than camps or services I attended...in the 70's and 80's...

a part of me wants to respect the religious freedom of these folks...another part wants to rip their heads off and spit down their necks...but that's just me and I have issues....things are funny that way...

so I will definately be getting this when it comes out on DVD and I will definately be interested to see if public attention holds...anybody else want to see this?

|