Sunday, September 17, 2006

Holiday Angst

already...and it's still September...J's best friend K is coming from San Francisco to spend Christmas week with us...J told me this morning she's making a list of things we have to have accomplished by mid-November in order to prepare for this visit...most of the things on this list will require assembly, heavy lifting, and time on my part...not to mention the conversation about where and who we will spend Christmas Day with has begun in earnest...this is a touchy subject under normal situations but adding K to the mix will make it trickier than usual...and did I mention that K is a little flakey...she's so...not Southern and loud and odd (all of which are things that endear her to us, btw)...and the idea of adding her to the mix at my family's house is about to trigger an anxiety attic...and to top it all off, I don't think J has told her family we aren't coming to GA this year since I think they may think we are....

I'm going to take a nap and contemplate my list...
|