Friday, September 08, 2006

My World - the tattooed part

Fond of Snape posted her ink yesterday and asked us to join in...I don't think I've done shown mine so here goes...this is most of them...and I'll preface this post by saying body mods of all kinds are really important to the person getting them...I understand lots of people don't get that, but the forces that drive us to mark and modify our bodies are as individual as the change itself...

This is my right arm...the panther was the first thing I ever got...a 25th birthday present...the artist's name was Walt and he was our next door neighbor for a while...the flower and other stuff was added by this aging biker chic at Painless Paul's in Atlanta...old school shop, kinda scarey but I loved this woman's work....unfortunately I was allergic to the red she used on the ladybug and had some issues but it's all good...same biker chic did the next one....

right arm

big ole chrysanthemum on the outside of my left leg....had to balance the work on my right arm after all...I fell asleep while she was doing this one...being the hi-tech shop that it was, I was laying on a weight bench...this was done a few years after the arm

mum


my next ones came from a guy in Atlanta...Dirk Hays, he's an amazing artist...both of these are original pieces...he also did a big piece on J's left arm...a funky underwater scene...we loved Dirk, just a great guy all around...he was also an amazing gardener and we'd run into him a good bit at the local nurseries...he also tattooed my youngest brother and she who must not be named (my mother) just for the record - I am really pale and take color extremely well...this ink kinda glows under a black light....oh, this is the inside of my right calf....

right leg

the last thing I had done was a celtic knot - an anniversary present a few years back...J and I got the same design in the same place -outside right calf...what I'd love to do eventually is to have a large tribal piece that ties the gecko, the crazy lily and the knot together...some day...

knot

needless to say...I'm always up for more, but real life seems to keep getting in the way....once the hoo-ha of tattooing finally being legal in SC dies down, I imagine we will...who else wants to show off their color? or brands? or piercings or whatever....:)

|