Monday, September 04, 2006

busy, busy, busy....

Saturn Wagon

well...the last few days have been interesting...we bought a car on Saturday...

thus ending our year long social experiment (that's what we've decided to call it) of J driving a really crappy-looking, very well-worn 1987 Nissan Sentra...complete with duct tape on the windshield and all the extra's you might expect with that in mind....p.s. Syd it could be a contender

no disrespect to Lady Blue (that's the Sentra's name) - for the most part she was dependable for J's drive back and forth to work each day and we could use it when J's mom and brother were riding, but all in all..and I'm being nice....she's a project car...a yard car even (you know you Southerner's know I'm talking about)....my dad, my friend's dads, my grandfather on occasion...all had the yard/project car just waiting to be the next big thing...usually pieced together from other yard cars - my dad actually finished a couple and they met with unfortunate ends...unfortunately at my hands along with a few others but that's all behind me now...

anyway back to the good part - we've always wanted a little wagon...and we didn't want to spend a whole lot of money...we've been looking for a while and decided to check a few dealers out on Saturday...at the last place we looked we found a little green 99 Saturn wagon with low miles at a good price....now we have it...and we had a cd player and sirius radio system put in yesterday...it is so much fun...and so practical and grown up looking...I will miss the shock value of parking the POS Sentra in front of my families houses at the holidays though...maybe we'll keep her just for that...I've never had a yard car and I bet it would offer endless hours of bonding with our redneck neighbor...we've had beers and worked on it together before and he might buy it for his 15 yo son anyway...I need to find some concrete blocks...

we can fire up the sirius, tune it to Outlaw Country and make a day of it....hell yeah
|