Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday Southern Gospel and Fair Talk



I've finally given in and signed up for youtube...just what I need another place to surf aimlessly...but look what I found...a great Vestal Goodman clip...the first minute or so is The Martins...a decent, tight-harmonies, kind of traditional gospel group...Vestal comes in at about 1:13 and just knocks out a classic rendition of "Rock of Ages"...since I brought them up last weekend...I thought the visual would be helpful if you weren't familiar and a nice flashback if you are...

now, this is just me babbling and it does sort of fit in directly with the Vestal Goodman stuff above...as for my Fair entries, I am deep into finishing the dragon...once I finish this post I'm going to try and finish painting the interior so I can start the paper mache...there's maybe a few weeks worth of work left on it...I registered a christmas ornament too...I've got a little gourd from last year I'll do something with....but after weeks of debate about entering a fine art category I went ahead and did it a few minutes ago....I have an idea for a drawing that came to me in a vision last night...LOL...I remembered that George Jones will be playing at the Fair this year...and his love and admiration for Vestal is well known...so what better thing to draw than a Vestal scene?....that's when I looked her up on youtube and found that video....somewhere in the last minute or so of that clip is a Fair worthy drawing that will be called "Rock of Ages" because that category requires a title evidently...pay special attention to the hand flap at 1:35...

now hopefully, I can really finish all of this stuff....here's a picture of the dragon yesterday....

faces closeup
|