Saturday, November 12, 2005

in spite of it all

it's been a nice few days...J's mom has driven us nuts when we've let her and she will again tomorrow and the day after that, but it is what it is and that really is okay...well not okay and definately worthy of a rant but not here and not now...

yesterday we made a trip to the local arts/crafts store to get paint, not that we don't have paint - there were just some colors and shades that we needed, LOL...we just love buying paint actually and hadn't done it in a while so here's what we got....plus a new set of cheap brushes with a canvas carrying case....

colors are good - especially when they're named things like "nasturtium" and "clematis" and "steamed milk"...how do you get do be a color namer?

and I cut out the first mini-gourd ornament and used some "nasturtium" (way watered down) on the interior...wonder if I can use each of the new colors? gourd is on my grandfather's driftwood lamp...chimnea-ish beginning

we also went to the library, got some really neat books for something J is working on and I found one I'll talk about later but I imagine it will be a good source of inspiration in the near future...
|