Sunday, November 06, 2005

deadhead Sunday...

what a perfect day, bluegrass in the morning, Grateful Dead in the afternoon, spent a few hours sitting outside (in shorts ;)) working on my IF sketch and just enjoyed a beautiful sky...and only 4 days of work this week...life is not too bad right now...also got a base coat on the sea creatures and here's where we are so far...

speaking of the Grateful Dead, if you don't know - I love them - growing up it was forbidden music, but once I heard them I was hooked and while I'm not a manic deadhead by any means I know enough to appreciate their influence, we've been contemplating a move to MP3's and being able to collect dead boots alone would be very cool...Jerry would love the new technology I'm guessing...


GRATEFUL DEAD lyrics - "Ripple"

www.OldieLyrics.com

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshineAnd my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,Would you hear my voice come thru the music,Would you hold it near as it were your own?

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken,Perhaps they're better left unsung.I don't know, don't really careLet there be songs to fill the air.

Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,If your cup is full may it be again,Let it be known there is a fountain,That was not made by the hands of men.

There is a road, no simple highway,Between the dawn and the dark of night,And if you go no one may follow,That path is for your steps alone.

Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.

But if you fall you fall alone,If you should stand then who's to guide you?If I knew the way I would take you home.

La dee da da da, La da da da da, Da da da, Da da, Da da da da daLa da da da, La da da, Da da, La da da da, La da, Da da.

|