Monday, October 17, 2005

catching up

lots of stuff happening lately, real-life interfering with my online time, but I've been trying to read and keep up and there are a couple of things that I've wanted to toss some thoughts around about and just haven't taken the time......

National Coming Out Day was last week, Denise posted about it and TW posted a funny story about their kids in church on Pride Sunday (that just makes me laugh to even think there is such a thing) and then I read this post by Colleen Keating on tolerance....and with all that in mind, I come back to the fact that I don't want a special day or to be tolerated - I just want to be who I am and respected for whatever that means....no small thing and I say that knowing full well people aren't generally respectful and I say that having toned way down with the in your face politics that I hid my share of anger in...but mostly it just frustrates me that we have to create special events or avoid the most routine in order to prove how normal we are and how worthy of tolerance we should be....

less serious but just as important - Norah is hysterical...her entries make me laugh...I think we must have similiar jobs so that makes it even better..."The Woman Who Won't Say Hello To Me" is extremely funny and worth the scroll down :)

If there were SAT novels when I was in high school I sure didn't know about them, but Michelle wrote up an interesting review about this one (Vampire Dreams) that I may have to find at that place with books called the library, if I ever get there again...and since it is almost Halloween - this is Marcus the Carcass (and the blog itself is fun if you like Halloween)

Got to remember to take the Nightmare before Christmas soundtrak to work! Halloweentown has a blog - who knew?

and lastly - I promise - there are new flickr entries from the fair and more to come (I really intend to upgrade that account now that I am realizing the possibilities) sorry not everything is captioned or described yet....
|