Tuesday, August 02, 2005

July 28, 2005
By nuthinfancy
it's so freaking hot here right now....normally, I love the heat and humidity, I like to make fun of transplants to the area because the climate can be a shock if you're not used to it....but, this last week has been hellish...supposedly we won't break 100 today and have a few cooler days coming....I hope so - my brain is starting to cook...
























Permalink
Posted on: Thu, Jul 28 2005 10:37 AM
July 22, 2005
By nuthinfancy
Raging Grannies other than being a great name for a band this is just a great idea on the grannies part....surely the charges will go away?
A friend from Atlanta is stopping by tonite on her way back to the city from Pennsylvania....we haven't seen her since we moved and frankly I'm not thrilled about it now...we left alot of baggage behind with the move and I hate to say it but this relationship was part of that....she and her husband have been discussing divorce for 3 or 4 years, now they're actually seperated but she won't agree to the divorce b/c her alimony would be subject to income tax....that pisses me off for lots of reasons and on lots of levels but first and foremost b/c it's just greedy....her husband is a lawyer making a disgusting amount of $$$ and they aren't ever going to reconcile...there are no children involved - she's just used to living with a fat wallet.....thankfully this will be a short visit.....
More grass to cut this weekend, I need to get up really early and do it before the heat is too bad....and we have to try and do some straightening up in the spare room, it's out of control and it's all my shit....and I suppose at some point I should call Santini and see how many heathens were rescued last week.
Permalink
Posted on: Fri, Jul 22 2005 1:54 PM
July 20, 2005
By nuthinfancy
forgot about the lightening storms last night....2.5" of rain in a few hours...it started just as the auction was ending and I wound up hanging out for an extra half hour waiting for it to let up...the building is an old armory - big brick thing with a curved roof and maybe ghosts if you're inclined to believe in those sorts of things...but we got a spectacular show and have the chance for more tonite....love the storms, have always thought the folks that chase tornadoes had a cool gig...favorite nanci griffith song for a stormy evening....
NANCI GRIFFITH lyrics - "I Wish It Would Rain"
www.OldieLyrics.com
(Nanci Griffith)[Chorus:]Oh, I wish it would rainAnd wash my face cleanI want to find some dark cloud toHide in hereLove in a memorySparkled like diamondsWhen the diamonds fall... they burnLike tearsWhen the diamonds fall... they burnLike tearsOnce I had a love from theGeorgia pinesWho only cared for meI wanna find that love of twenty-twoHere at thirty-threeI've got a heart on my rightOne on my left... neither suits my needsNo, the one I love lives a-way out WestAnd he never will need me[Chorus]I'm gonna pack up my two steppin' shoesAnd head for the Gulf Coast plainsI wanna walk the streets of myOwn hometownWhere everybody knows my nameI wanna ride the waves downIn GalvestonWhen the hurricanes blow in'Cuz that Gulf Coast water tastesSweet as wineWhen your heart's rollin' home inThe wind[Chorus]When the diamonds fall darlin'... theyBurn like tears
Permalink
Posted on: Wed, Jul 20 2005 6:33 PM
By nuthinfancy
almost done for the day - nothing planned for tonite except tv watching and relaxing...premier of the 2nd Tattoo shop reality show in 2 days...makes we want one and we still can't get them here...I still harbor fantasies of full sleeves one day...missionary dad and his troop of white folks get back from Nicaraqua on Friday...I'm sure they will be full of wonderful stories and stars for their crowns...we have wondered how my stepmother is leaving the house and driving since she doesn't open doors on her own...Santini is a gentleman :)....got to stop and get gas, beer and boiled p-nuts on my way home...and I have to try and get cop brother to see how the police olypics went....off to the heat
Permalink
Posted on: Wed, Jul 20 2005 4:03 PM
July 19, 2005
By nuthinfancy
busy day...gotta work tonight...amazing how many people are associated with this auction in some weird way or another...got the insurance handled for the new car, will deal with transferring the tags at the end of the week....this I dread since I got asked to leave this DMV by a nice security guard about a year and half ago....LOL, good thing I have a brother in the neighboring county's sheriffs deptartment....
Permalink
Posted on: Tue, Jul 19 2005 1:50 PM
July 18, 2005
By nuthinfancy
this is really cool...not the story itself that's another issue entirely but the fact that the alligator exists...White Alligator in SC
Permalink
Posted on: Mon, Jul 18 2005 8:10 PM
By nuthinfancy
we bought a car...1987 Nissan Sentra...and for what it is and what we paid for it, I'm happy...we found it yesterday driving around looking for cars in people yards or in front of garages, with for sale signs on them...it's a method I believe strongly in - just look for shit...the side of the road car dealers were a series of crazy encounters...just out of curiousity I stopped at a couple of the really sleazy ones and we even drove a few cars from one but the people were outstanding, characters worthy of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp...fat, dirty, cigar-chewing men, women with little dogs, car lots that surely had snakes hiding somewhere (Jeannie refuses to believe in the swarms of flying poisonous snakes that live in this state)...we have scratched the underbelly of Columbia's used car trade and it isn't pretty....the car has been pretty much rebuilt by a Nissan mechanic (named Wendell and a real charmer to boot)....I have alot of thoughts about waste and the outrageous number of junked, crappy cars out there but it's easy to be noble when you're poor...
Permalink
Posted on: Mon, Jul 18 2005 7:38 PM
Birds mimic ringtones
By nuthinfancy
URL: Birds mimic ringtones
urban sprawl strikes again......this kind of stuff creeps me out, we're forcing evolutionary trends on the ecosystem without even realizing it...
Source Blog
Posted on: Mon, Jul 18 2005 1:52 PM
By nuthinfancy
so I'm still screwing around with my feeds and I'm still not sure exactly how this is a good thing but we'll see...the car saga continues...we are looking at something tonite that I am pretty sure we will buy just because it's cheap, it's being sold by a mechanic who specializes in this make and because most importantly I'm over it....I'll get J's truck and she'll get this one....I've wanted her truck for years anyway, LOL...
Permalink
Posted on: Mon, Jul 18 2005 1:41 PM
July 16, 2005
Unsure start
By nuthinfancy
well here I am...completely unaware of the blog world and not sure what to do with this space but whatever.....right now I need a distraction from shitty used car dealers and trying to find just the right car for no money....my dad is in Nicaraqua with the two oldest grandsons on a Baptist mission trip....that irritates me to no end and I live in a state that would absolutely succeed from the union again if possible...I sense the beginnings of a serious meltdown and I really can't go there right now...LOL, at least I can tell when they're coming.....what else...oh, I really do love alot of things about my life right now....Dale Chihuly kept me going this week and Scout the troubled Jack Russell/Chihuahua is finally settling in, unfortunately Mama Kitty - neighborhood feral - seems to be pregnant with her third litter this year and is still nursing the last bunch.....at any rate maybe this will be a good outlet and place to store the mountains of useless information that catches my interest....
Posted on: Sat, Jul 16 2005 7:52 PM

Home About Help Languages Services Privacy Policy Terms of Service Advertise Here Contact Us We're Hiring!Copyright © 2003-2005 Ask Jeeves, Inc. All rights reserved.
|