Friday, April 07, 2006

late afternoon trip to the art store

it was a busy ending to a busy day and I had a bunch of work related errands to run after I left the office that involved many stops in a hip, trendy, congested part of town on Friday afternoon...

people leaving work meet people coming to eat and drink...

traffic...I hate traffic but, in the midst of it all I squeezed in a trip to a little art supply place that you have to walk down stairs to get into cause it's in the basement of an old (civil-warish) building and they have lots of stuff crammed into a tiny little space...there's a gallery upstairs and I think mostly serious art types and students hang out there (of which I'm neither) but it was work related (foam core display board emergency) and I was waiting on a pizza and I've been trying to find a new sketchbook like the one I found last fall that I can't seem to find anywhere in town....so I hung out for a while....

I found a similiar sketchbook (spiral bound 6 1/2" x 8 1/2" with rigid covers)...

and I found some loose woodless color pencils that I'd bought a set of earlier this year....I LOVE THESE PENCILS...deep rich colors and they go on really smooth...7 colors I didn't have :)


Exciting Friday night, huh?...and we realized we got X-Men 2 from Netflix today and we just saw the trailer for X-Men 3 a few days ago....

|