Wednesday, April 05, 2006

ABC's


I dated a boy in high school (yeah, you read that right and it was a LONG time ago) who was an incredible artist (and he was a cute redhead, redheads always get me in trouble)....he used to write the best notes...little skulls and candles and surfers in the margins...but he also used to do some of the coolest lettering....which was great for me because I spent hours and hours trying to come up with some new earth-shattering font (obviously didn't happen)....we used to hang out at Putt-Putt and play Pacman...

so the other day something made me think of Tommy and I got the urge to do an alphabet...I hope he actually gets paid to draw all these years later...wonder if he blogs?...anyway, I love doing letters, love illuminated manuscripts....so maybe I'll fill the last few pages of my sketchbook with alphabets...and wonder what my little redheaded ex-boyfriend from 20 years ago is doing....
|