Monday, March 27, 2006

IF - Monster

"I am the one hiding under yours stairs,
Fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair"
c'mon who knows what that line is from (sorry no prize for the winner - just my sincere admiration)???? my favorite song, from my favorite movie by my favorite director of all time....
Monsters scared me as a kid...anything supernatural related in fact....chalk it up to the fundie environment....no Twilight Zone, no witches (Bewitched was even off limits for the longest), no spooky stuff of any kind...being the devil's work and all....
so of course I had an irrational fear of things like, opening cabiniets or looking at graveyards or being in dark rooms...
truth be told, I slept with a light on until my early 20's.....
this drawing is all pencil - watercolor and acrylic.....it scanned sort of weird and I think I lost some detail, but I'm really trying to do some stuff without my black pen outline....overall I liked the outcome...in fact, I think I liked doing this a little too much ;)
|