Monday, February 06, 2006

how can it be monday already?

working Saturday threw me off and what a day Saturday was....off-site auction in a 120 year old house about 30 miles from here....it was cloudy and almost warm when I left home at 6am, the rain started about 8:30 after we had staged the first 100 lots outside, we scrambled, put up tents and tarps, it rained some more....then the wind came, then the temperature dropped (at least 20 degrees)...we were all outside in wet clothes...there was lots of heavy lifting to be done afterwards...I think it was about 7:30 that night when I finally got home...

I love floating on the outside of groups interested in odd things...it's amazing...over the years I've had some opportunities to meet some unbelievable people this way...the auction folks are no different...I'm sure there's some community lesson I should be recognizing, but I'm no Nancy White and I haven't found anybody involved in this bunch that blogs anyway (but how I'd love to see what some of them would have to say in this kind of forum)...

People drawn together by a common interest (not recognized by the mainstream) seem to pull me in like nothing else...I can only imagine why this is...luckily J is supportive of my need to get involved in these groups and appreciates it for what it is...whatever that may be...

on a totally different note...there's a very slim chance of snow flurries here later today...(very slim the key words)...we knew we were going to pay for all the warm weather in December and January :)

one last thing....fresh flowers for the week :)


|