Monday, January 02, 2006

laundry fun

okay so J and I have been together a million or so years and we've always done a pretty good job of splitting the housework and trying to keep things even....for the most part our system works except when it comes to laundry....

I rarely do the laundry and it's not because I won't or can't but because J has some preconceived notion that I don't know how to do it properly...there is some truth to that going back to the beginning of relationship but as I've said - it's now been a million years and I've really paid attention during those informational talks on when to add the detergent, the fabric softener, blah, blah, blah...

we were gathering dirty clothes this morning and I start getting the "don't ball your dirty socks up" talk....okay, whatever....that seems like a bad rule to me for lots of different reasons but I knew that wasn't the point....

a little while later, she comes in from the laundry/dog/work room and is just annoyed because SHE left a pen in one of her work shirts and it exploded all over the place. Hah.
|