Friday, November 25, 2005

new tradition

for many, many years...I was one of the folks on the other side of BF shopping...I worked in those crazy places called department stores, big-box retailers and such...two words...it sucked....so now, for the first time...I'm not working (officially not working - not counting the actual jobless years a few years back) on black friday (and don't believe the hype about it being called BF b/c that's when retailers go into the black...we called it that b/c it reminded us of the stories around Black Tuesday when the stock market crashed and people jumped out of windows - desperation, that's what named it)....yesterday I said I was considering going to Wally world for a $400 laptop...I was temporarily insane...there is no way in hell that was going to happen...no price on anything would really ever be low enough to make me be one of the masses out shopping today, I don't like to shop under the best of circumstances much less today....

so what am I going to do today?


well, right now....I'm fighting with the monkey cat Spencer...he had a love attack and decided to roll around on me while I was running updates....

in about an hour, I have to get J's little brother and go pick up the yard trees, then take MIL to the grocery store for her first trip outside since the broken hip, come back to our house, rake the front yard and contemplate xmas decorations...

how is everyone else spending today?

|