Friday, August 17, 2007

O Dark Thirty

super man 5:00 am
There have been spells during my life when I've had to get up really early to be at work...and as I may have mentioned before, I don't do well right off the bat in the morning...it takes me a few hours to wake up and it's really best if those hours are quiet...

fortunately, the job I have now doesn't require me to be there until 8:30 or 9...so it's perfect, I have my routine, my quiet time and generally I'm not a raving bitch...

today, I took off because the MIL has a drs appt. and since it's easier for me to take time off (and because my urge to throttle her is weaker than J's most of the time) I volunteered to pick her up and take her...oh, and I never need much of a reason to blow off work

well, for the last few weeks or so, it's been hot here....no surprises there, it's August in SC and we'll be stuck with the heat for a few more months at least, so I (once again) volunteered to take J to work so that the crazy, old lady dear old thing could be chauffeured around in an air-conditioned car....

that meant I had to get up at 4 fucking 30 (ish) in order to be out the door with J at 5 fucking 15 (ish).....good god that's early, it's dark, there's not many people other than cops and trucks on the road and it's really, really early, I didn't even have time to make coffee, not that I had the right kind anyway...

so now it's not even 8:00 am and I've been up for hours and haven't even seen my MIL yet, but I did get some coffee and I've gotten to fuss at the dogs for a few extra hours for chasing the cats and laundry is started and the kitchen is clean and the trash is out and I've gotten to blast bluegrass so it hasn't been a total waste, but damn I'm ready for a nap
|