Monday, July 30, 2007

Moving the MIL...where to begin?

I'll skip Thursday's events because really they're too painful to relive...

but it set the stage for the next 3 days....

and not being technically gay married...she isn't even technically my MIL...

that's supposed to be one of the benefits of living in sin...however, it does not work that way

a word of advice to the newly coupled who think that's a valid excuse....

DO.NOT.MAKE.THAT.ASSUMPTION.....more importantly don't voice it...ever....

anyway - on to the move....

1 it starts
Friday morning...I hate mornings...my hat is devil red

bobby transfer
Transfer of the cat to our house prior to any moving could begin...he's okay, today he was very reclusive and I think overwhelmed...it was going around

kenny boxes
K2's boxes, J's brother, packed and ready to go to his place...he's 35, has Downs and will be living apart from K for the first time...he's' excited and will still be in the neighborhood...he has a tremendous amount of stuff...heavy stuff in large boxes...

kenny truck
U-Haul making it's first trip of the weekend, all this is K2's...because I was ready to move things along, I decided to unpack and take all of his shit overy by myself...he almost broke my arm trying to help....

dark afternoon
J got home from work and came over about 3 on Friday afternoon....that time right before she got there was a dark spell...I considered some things that aren't pretty...living in sin MILs shouldn't provoke those kinds of thoughts...

expert backing and packing
This is just me demonstrating my exceptional skills with the truck in an impossibly small and complicated driveway...J appreciated those talents a lot...

Kay's stuff partially loaded
about half of the first of TWO truckloads of K's shit...this was a 14' truck and she was moving into a 688 ft2 apartment...

aarrrggghhh
I think this speaks for itself....

truck
more of the stuff we toted...over and over again...

relaxing with lucy
finally a quiet moment before passing out in pain...

this is long enough already, but the best day was Saturday and unfortunately not many pictures exist because we had to unload those 2 trucks, using only a small, small elevator that wasn't close to where we could unpack, while 2 other families moved people in, in the rain, and I locked the keys in the truck, had a dispatcher with the locksmith ready to kill me, had U-Haul tell me with no room for doubt the truck had to be back at 4 and made lots of friends among the residents...

and speaking of the residents...there's much to discuss there...and will be well into the future I hope (next time I'll make sure the camera is out and ready)

Sunday morning we were going up to help unpack and met a woman on the porch who had what she kept referring to as a puppy...she'd found it on the sidewalk during her walk earlier...it appeared to be very premature...it didn't have any hair, had sort of weird head and a really long tail....it was a rat, a baby rat...

we don't know what she did with her puppy, but the security guard was concerned when we left and asked him where she went...

trust me these are only a few of the things that made the experience bizarre...

yep...make sure and read the fine print on those living in sin contracts...
|