Wednesday, October 25, 2006

not a morning person

sleepy eyes

and I won't even pretend that I've ever been a morning person....bad things happen to me and (occassionally others) on mornings when I haven't had the proper time to decompress and wake up...

normally J gets up at 4:30 because she leaves for work at 5:15.....when she first started this routine I tried to be the supportive partner and would get up with her (at 4:30)....a little bit of time passed and instead of getting up when she did, I'd get up when she left....a little more time passed and I'd get up when she called to say she was at work....recently, I've been falling back asleep and getting up around 6:30-ish....

THIS morning...I didn't wake back up until 7:30...which left me approximately 30 minutes to feed the animals, shower, make my lunch, get dressed and out the door...amazingly enough I was only a few minutes late to work, but I've been disoriented all day...

mornings should be quiet times that involve coffee and slow movements, preparing you for the day ahead....I'm in total denial about the fact I should start getting up earlier again in order to maintain those holy morning rituals that keep us all safe...

damn.
|