Friday, April 21, 2006

stuff portrait friday - Initials


it's Friday, which means SPF at Kristine's ....take some pictures, play along and don't forget to tell everybody you did...

this week is a photographic monogram of sorts...

shots of things that begin with the letters of your name...cool, huh?

I got named after both grandmothers (my dad, aka Santini, loved family names - we all got 'em) which also meant I got saddled with what was commonly referred to as an "old lady name" when teachers would mistakenly call out my first name on the first day of school...people still laugh sometimes when they hear it...personally, I love it even though it did take some growing into to...and since I've got the duck journal right now what else could "D" stand for?

is for Ducks

my middle name is what I've always been called - don't know why, Southern thing maybe?...so last night I was switching bags from my functional black leather backpack to my functional black canvas messenger bag....(lesbians understand the importance of changing seasonal accessories, too!) and I knew instantly what "L" would be...something I'm never without...

is for my trusty Leatherman Micra

and finally, while looking for my functional black canvas messenger bag last night, I almost cut a toe off when these fell out of the closet near my feet...I picked these up a few months ago at the auctions because they just looked interesting and I'm sure there's something artsy I can do with them sometime....so.....

is for the long metal strips with sharp edges in the hall closet....

there it is.....did you play?

edited to say - the illuminated letters are because I've been watching Good Morning America's secret society special this week and all those guys have secret illuminated manuscripts written with letters like these....

|