Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Short Hair

For the most part, my hair has been long or very long. My mother and grandmother had it cut in a shag when I was 7 or 8 and my dad and grandfather flipped the hell out....I wore it long until high school when I decided a rockabilly DA was a good idea for a few years and from then until 2 years ago I let it grow...when I had it cut it was below my waist.

Once I finally made the decision to cut it, I realized that I love it short and each time I go, I get it cut just a little shorter. Now my dad still hates my hair short and I often get called "sir" but fuck that...it's comfortable and I'm grown and I am most definately not a man. So, it's been about 2 months since the last cut and we have appointments this afternoon. Given my state of mind I may wind up kinda bald. This is a great website for a women's barber shop in NYC....Crops for Girls. Doesn't that make everyone want to liberate themselves from long hair?
|