Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Time for another installment


of...

What's Lee Driving This Week? (not the truck in the pic btw, it just looks good)

the little red truck had to go to the shop yesterday, I wasn't in the mood to deal with borrowing the MIL's Honda so I sucked it up and asked Big Daddy if I could use his
work truck until LRT was ready to come home...

well, Big Daddy is a bit of a gadget freak and driving one of his vehicles is always a cause for anxiety because you never know what's been wired where or what
adjustments he may have made that he never seems to remember to mention before you drive off...this experience was no different...

I noticed some strange sounds after picking it up last night, not
engine sounds..or mechanical sounds, but musical sounds....

kinda like a cell phone ring, except I knew it wasn't that since my ringer stays off...

I forgot about until this morning when I got in and took off for work...I turned onto a street and heard the music, I turned again, I heard the music.....IT WAS THE TURN SIGNAL....later I realized he also has the doors wired to play a song when they're open....

when I called him this afternoon to say I was bringing his truck back since mine was fixed, I asked him what he'd done....

this is what he did...for those of you not familiar with JC Whitney car parts catalog, it's like the Sears Wish Book for gear heads....and who doesn't need a turn signal that plays "Love Me Tender" on their big ass, Ford pick-up?...a lot of irritation for a little bit money..the perfect stocking stuffer in fact....

anyway, I also wanted to know if he had the horn wired to play Dixie like he did when we were kids....he said, "What do you think I am, a redneck?"

of course not Big Daddy...

Labels: , ,

|