Monday, November 10, 2008

Transformation

We've had this grill for a while...it was functional and fun to look at, but has since been replaced with something less...dangerous...

not wanting to get rid of a perfectly good keg that's been cut in half, I repurposed it...

at first as a potting bench.....only mildly functional

then it occurred to me that with shorter legs and no top, it might be a good firepit, so I gathered tools (friends also challenged the size of our previous fire pit, causing me to feel a bit...compulsive, competitive, creative)

and sawed the legs off to what I thought might be a workable length

a little too long...


another cut and it was perfect

big fires are now possible in the fort AND I have the other half...now I just need a little welding machine...maybe I should write Santa?
|