Monday, November 06, 2006

fake the joy

right where I want them

I have a friend who believes that if you pretend to like something long enough, you will ultimately either come to love it or become resigned to it...fake the joy, that's what she says...

so as the holidays approach and I attempt to make the most of the season, as I've been instructed, I am keeping this thought fresh in my mind as we discuss decorations, meal plans, and family gatherings...

as with most things of this magnitude...I am trying to be respectful, I am trying to keep a sense of humor about the impending storm of Thanksgiving and Christmas activities on the horizon, I am trying not to visibly cringe every time the conversation drifts towards the subject...

this weekend was a good practice run...I agreed to do some things around the house which included staging the yard decorations in an easily accessible area for the inevitable set-up in a few weeks...hanging Santa and his reindeer friend gave me a lot of real joy...


|