Wednesday, May 17, 2006

here's something that may be a suprise



because it suprises me everytime I realize it....

I'm a Judy Garland fan....it's totally J's fault and sometimes I forget how much I like her, but I got sucked into watching a 2 hour biography Monday night and it all came flooding back....the voice, the dancing, the tragedy...how can you not love her?

but that's not the point....

the point of this post in particular is to hip y'all to an episode of Judy's doomed TV series that aired in October of 1963 - Barbara Streisand was the guest and Ethel Merman made a suprise appearance...the 3 of them did a version of "There's No Business Like Show Business" that is maybe one of the best musical collaborations to have ever aired on television...really...

not to mention the crazy duet medley version of "Get Happy/Happy Days" which is unlike anything you'll ever hear again...think the Bing Crosby David Bowie Christmas song...spooky and surreal almost....

good stuff, classic music, worth a listen and a download if you can find them :)
|